We’re looking for someone to fill the position of Accompanist/Organist for our Traditional Worship service. If you or someone you know might be interested, please check out the job description and contact Jared Wright or Ely Cartwright. The search process has begun, and we’re hoping to have someone in this position by mid November. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions. Thanks!
PURPOSE: To lead congregational singing, to accompany the church choir, and to support the Traditional worship service with appropriate musical offerings.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• A heart for God and a passion for worship.
• Proficiency on organ and piano to instrumentally lead hymns, solo pieces, and accompaniments.
• Strong sight reading skills.
• Lifelong learner.
• Must pass a background check.
SUPERVISION: The Organist is accountable to the Senior Pastor as head of staff, through the supervision of the Director of Worship and the Choir Director.
WORK WEEK: Approximately 6 hours per week, with seasonal fluctuations (such as Advent and Lent; see Responsibilities).
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, lay, exempt
COMPENSATION: Set annually by the Staff-Parish Relations Team
BENEFITS: As described in the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual for Lay Employees; The organist may take up to four Sundays off annually, with the understanding that these not be scheduled during the important holiday seasons, and that as much advance notice as possible be given so a substitute may be arranged for.
• To coordinate with the Choir Director, Director of Worship, and Senior Pastor in planning, preparing, and playing of music appropriate to each Traditional service of worship.
• Attend monthly Big Picture Worship Planning meeting on 1st Wednesday of each month.
• To select and perform appropriate music for Communion, Offering, and Postlude for the weekly Traditional services.
• To perform hymn and responses accompaniments to lead congregational singing during the weekly Traditional service.
• To accompany weekly Chancel Choir rehearsals, and perform the weekly Anthem selection with them for each Traditional service.
• To select and perform appropriate music as needed for special services, including but not limited to Ecumenical services, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter, etc.
• To accompany soloists in worship as needed.
• To provide special music as needed, especially for summer services, but also throughout the year for incidental services such as funerals and weddings.
• To help provide for appropriate substitutes for worship services when not available.
• Other duties as assigned and agreed to.
Occasionally must lift boxes, music materials, or sound equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. and must be able to negotiate steps in sanctuary leading to chancel area.