FUMC 2 Year Church Residency Program
Our residency program exists to empower, equip, and send ministers of the Gospel into full-time ministry. FUMC Durango is committed to investing in the next generation of Christian leaders. We are excited to offer young adults an opportunity to partner with us in ministry while being able to learn under the great leadership of FUMC Durango.
- Residents will work 30+ hours per week and are encouraged to find other part-time employment while in the Residency Program if needed.
- Residents are paid a monthly stipend.
- This is a 2 year residency program. We believe it to be most advantageous for residents to serve for 2 years. This is not a requirement but a recommendation for the impact of your ministry here and the impact of the program to help develop you.
- Calling into vocational ministry
- Graduation from College
- Central philosophy and staff culture
- Some ministry experience
- Clear ministry competence and leadership potential
- Successful completion of application process
Timeline For Residency Application
- Applications are due March 3rd of each year. The is for acceptance into an August start date.
Residency Graduation Date: August 2020
Ruelon Areas of Interest: Youth, Leadership Development, Young Adult Ministry
Examples of Current Residents Work
We think we have some pretty amazing residents. Check out how God is growing them and using them here at FUMC.
Contact us if you are interested in hiring one of our residents.
Ruelon has done a great job in helping out and preaching at our youth group twice a week. He also preaches for our College Ministry Rooted.